This week we wanted to mention what everyone is talking about in Seville: Sevilla Beach. Since the other beach Seville had was closed, María Trifulca Beach, in the middle of the previous century, locals haven't had anything similar to enjoy.
It's true that the previous beach was more similar to the concept we have of a beach, as it was a river beach filled with eucalyptus trees and stalls where you could eat sardines and fresh fruit.
María Trifulca Beach
The new "beach" in Seville is a more modern, better equipped concept and a fantastic option for summer in Seville. It's perfect for locals and tourists visiting the city. And best of all, it's just a 5-minute bus ride or a 15-minute walk from our establishments Murillo Hotel, Murillo Apartments and Suites Murillo.
Want to find out more about Sevilla Beach? Of course you do!
1. It is an option you'll love if you're visiting Seville in summer and if you fancy combining cultural tourism with more refreshing activities without leaving the city.
2. It is a 15-minute walk from Seville city centre, and therefore our establishments, or a 5-minute drive by bus/car. There is a car park available.
3. Entry is free but to make use of the swimming pool you must make at least one purchase. Don't worry, drinks are available from €1.50 and you can buy them at the bar.
Photography: Raúl Doblado for ABC
4. If you would like to enjoy a sun lounger, these cost €5 per person.
5. There is a swimming pool measuring 18x10 metres, but it is very shallow (40 centimetres).
6. Sports activities are available, including beach football, beach volleyball, water volleyball and even a swimming pool for diving or a swimming pool where you can practice searching. Prices vary between €5 and €10.
Location: Paseo de las Delicias, next to the aquarium.
Opening hours: 12 noon to 1 am.