Next week is Seville's April Fair. If you are coming to Seville during the fair it's because you've heard of it, you've seen it on TV, your friends have told you stories about it... We can't wait to welcome you to Seville and here at Hotel Murillo and Suites Murillo we wanted to give you some practical information for your stay in Seville during the fair.
We were going to detail the thousands of things all blogs recommend during the fair but we thought that instead we would be practical as what we really want is for your to be having fun before your reach our establishments.
Before arriving at Hotel Murillo and when packing your case:
- Try to pack some more formal clothes. They don't need to be wedding-level-formal, but the locals like to dress well for the fair. Take lighter clothes for during the day as well as a jacket or something warmer at night time as the change in temperature is quite significant.
- Footwear: consider that the fair covers a million square metres and you need to walk to reach the fair ground or around Seville, so take comfortable, fresh footwear.
- Read all the blogs with April Fair advice for tourists. They'll tell you all about the history, words to use, others to avoid, and even some dance videos...
When you reach Hotel Murillo:
- Draw up a plan of the fair or download one on your mobile and mark the stalls that are public so you can get your bearings once you reach the fair. We've attached a plan for your convenience. Those marked in blue and green are public.
When you head to the fair ground you can stop for a drink or some food at these stalls.
- Before going to the fair head up to the terrace of our hotel and enjoy a manzanilla to get you in the mood. You'll love it as we will decorate the place as well.
- Make the most of the fact we are only a 20-minute walk away from the action thanks to our excellent location in Seville. This will be a pleasant walk through Murillo Gardens, the old Tobacco Factory (currently the university) and María Luisa Park. Can you imagine a better walk before reaching the fair?
When you reach the fair ground:
- Make sure you enter via the main entrance as it changes image every year. This year it will be commemorating the 25th anniversary of the World Exhibition of 92.
- At the fair you can walk around both during the day and at night. It's a totally different experience from one to the other.
In the morning you can watch a horse and carriage parade, while the night time atmosphere is completely different but no less fascinating.
- Most importantly, enjoy yourself and if you are lucky enough to meet a group of locals we're sure they'll make you feel welcome and we guarantee you'll really enjoy the April Fair in Seville.